Date of birth: 11/12/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Italy
Youth career: Atalanta
Current club: Atalanta
Squad number: 42
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Gerard Piqué
– aerial duels
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant and dominant centre-back
– comfortable to play as a RCB and LCB
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– perfect mix of a pure defender and ball-playing defender
– player with great body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– good agility, pace and coordination for a player of his size
– does not dive into tackles
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– known for his composure, positional sense, confidence in possession, understanding of the game, and an above-average technical capacity
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling players thanks to his significant upper-body strength
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– likes to maraud forward
– extremely dominant in the air
– indirect set-piece threat
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– concentrated, determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
Scalvini shows his ball-playing ability with a great line-breaking pass.
Scalvini intercepts the ball and starts the counter-attack of his team.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
Supercoppa Primavera 2020/2021 winner with Atalanta.
League summary (as for 12 March 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Giorgio Scalvini is a product of Atalanta academy – one of the best youth systems in Italy. He is part of a very strong Atalanta U-19 team along with other talented players such as Samuel Giovane, Federico Zuccon, Emmanuel Gyabuaa, Alessandro Cortinovis, Andrea Olivieri and Alessio Rosa. Scalvini is also a regular Italian youth international and he’s currently a member of the Italy U-17 national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.