Full name: Javier Serrano Martínez
Date of birth: 16/01/2003 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Madrid (Spain)
Youth career: Atletico Madrid
Current club: Atletico Madrid
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-18
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Lucas Torreira
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– holding midfielder
– midfield controller
– player with decent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– great mix of deep-lying orchestrator and ball-winning midfielder
– tactically intelligent and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, and vision
– likes to play short passes
– very good in combination play
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– provides many key interceptions, clearances, and tackles for his team thanks to his very good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– energetic, consistent, aggressive and hard tackling player
– tireless runner with high stamina, determination, agility and pace that enable him to cover a lot of ground ground
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– very good in the air despite his height/great jumping skills
– great positioning and ability to read the game
– has a great, positive influence on his teammates
– high number of touches and passes per game
Serrano protects the back four and makes another interception.
Serrano orchestrates the moves of his team with his passing skills and vision.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 23 March 2021):
Segunda División B 2020/2021 (ongoing): 2 games/0 goals (Atletico B)
Javi Serrano is a product of Atletico Madrid academy, a youth system that produced fantastic players in the last decade, such as Koke, David De Gea, Saúl Níguez, Rodri, Lucas Hernández, Theo Hernández and Óliver Torres. Javi is one of the most talented teenagers in Spain and the current Atletico U-19 biggest star. He is also a regular youth international for Spain and currently he is a member of the U-18 national team. In 2020 PSG tried to sign him but he renewed his contract with Atleti and decided to continue his development in his boyhood club.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.