Date of birth: 25/07/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Cameroon
Youth career: Sahel de Maroua
Current club: Sahel de Maroua
Squad number: —
Current national team: Cameroon U-20
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations (5/0), 2021 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kingsley Coman
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– first touch
– shooting/should improve his end product and become more clinical in the final third
Style of play:
– explosive winger
– creative player with good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– equally good on both wings
– superb coordination, agility, and balance
– good vision and passing skills
– likes to dribble
– likes to cross
– likes to vary his play by hugging the touchline or positioning himself on the halfspaces in order to make quick combinations with teammates
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– confident, dynamic and very positive with the ball
– superb off the ball intelligence to recognize spaces where to receive/run into
– excellent balance and changes of pace
– able to dribble, cross and make combinations with his teammates at top speed
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– dynamic and tenacious in the pressing game
– good ambidexterity when using his left weaker foot
– all-action and energetic
Alioum dribbles past his opponent and sends a dangerous cross into the penalty area.
Alioum dribbles past two opponents and wins a foul.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations winner with Cameroon.
League summary (as for 28 October 2020):
Saidou Alioum is one of the most talented teenagers in Cameroon. In 2019, he was an important member of his national team that won the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations. Two years later he played at the Africa U-20 Cup of Nations where The Indomitable Lions reached the quarter-final but lost to eventual champions Ghana.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.