Date of birth: 26/03/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Rennes (France)
Youth career: ASPTT Rennes, CPB Nord Ouest Foot, Stade Rennais (since 2012)
Current club: Stade Rennais
Squad number: 33
Current national team: France U-17
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 300.000 €
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (1/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Patrick Vieira
– tactical intelligence
– aerial duels
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– holding midfielder
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– can also play as a central defender or higher in midfield as a box-to-box midfielder
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– great coordination, agility and footwork for a player of his size
– midfielder that imposes himself on the pitch with his physicality, work rate, energy and determination
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his size, technique and good close control
– likes to maraud forward
– known for his understanding of the game and good defensive positioning
– elegant and composed under pressure/press-resistant player
– above-average decision making
– always tries to find a vertical option in his game
– very good in combination play
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his good shooting skills
– able to play line-breaking passes thanks to his technique, vision, and timing
– his stamina, determination and pace enables him to cover a lot of ground ground
– hard-working and determined in defensive phase with many important tackles and interceptions for his team
– very good in the air
– very accomplished for his age
Ugochukwu outmuscles his opponent, intercepts the ball and starts the attack of his team.
Ugochukwu stays calm under pressure and make a good line-breaking pass.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 24 May 2021):
Ligue 1 2020/2021: 3 games/0 goals (Rennes)
Lesley Ugochukwu is a product of the Stade Rennes youth system. In recent years, Rennes academy has been a source of many talented football players, such as Ousmane Dembélé, Abdoulaye Doucouré, Tiemoué Bakayoko, Joris Gnagnon, Sofiane Diop and Jérémy Gelin. Lesley is a part of the new wave of highly talented The Red and Blacks players which includes, among others Yann Gboho, Eduardo Camavinga, Brandon Soppy, Noah Françoise, Adrien Truffert and Matthis Abline. Lesley made his professional debut for Rennes on 25 April 2021, replacing Steven Nzonzi in a 5–1 Ligue 1 win against Dijon. He is of Nigerian descent but represents France at the youth level.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Dibba Al-Hisn Sports Club, United Arab Emirates is open once again for “Football Trials & Possible Signing” of foreign players.
Contact us with below WhatsApp Number or Email address for your “Trial Application Form”….
WhatsApp: +971522927012….Email: firstname.lastname@example.org