Date of birth: 04/02/2003 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Denmark
Youth career: Boldklubben af 1893, Brøndby IF, Holbæk Bold- & Idrætsforening, FC Copenhagen (since 2017)
Current club: FC Copenhagen
Squad number: 45
Current national team: Denmark U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 150.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 31.12.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Patrik Schick
– off the ball movement
– link-up play
– ball control
– long shots
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete forward
– determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, good dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– versatile attacking player who can play on the wing, as a second striker and even as an attacking midfielder
– can create a great striking partnership when paired with a pacey auxiliary striker
– good agility, coordination and decent pace for a player of his size
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– indirect set-piece threat
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– very good at link-up play thanks to his good technique, first touch and ability to shield the ball from defenders
– known for his dribbling skills and close control in limited spaces, as well as decent ability to protect and hold up the ball for team-mates with his back to goal
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills with his left foot
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal/good ability to connect with midfield
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– dependable option while defending set-pieces
– accurate penalty taker
Højlund with a beautiful curling finish into the far corner.
Højlund with a fantastic goal from outside the penalty area.
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 27 May 2021):
Superligaen 2020/2021: 4 games/0 goals (FC Copenhagen)
Rasmus Højlund joined FC Copenhagen youth academy from Holbæk Bold- & Idrætsforening in 2017. Thanks to his great form and many goals for the U-19 team, he made his professional debut on 25 October 2020 in a league fixture against Aarhus GF. Next season he will be promoted permanently to the first-team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.