Date of birth: 16/10/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Katowice (Poland)
Youth career: Ajax Częstochowa, Raków Częstochowa, UKS SMS Łódź, Liverpool (since 2020)
Current club: Liverpool
Squad number: —
Current national team: Poland U-19
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Eden Hazard
– ball control
– physical strength
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– inside forward
– offensive allrounder who is capable of playing anywhere along the front-line
– great acceleration, agility, flair, body balance, changes of pace and coordination
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to dribble
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– decent vision and playmaking skills
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and confident of his skills
– constantly changes up his movements which never allows the defender to read where he is going
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– very dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– often makes surging runs into the penalty box
– above-average decision making for a player of his age
– very good ambidexterity when using his left weaker foot
Musiałowski beats his man with a quick feint and scores with his weaker foot.
Musiałowski loses his markers with a fantastic body balance and scores.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
FA Youth Cup 2020/2021 runner-up with Liverpool.
League summary (as for 5 June 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Mateusz Musiałowski joined Liverpool youth academy from UKS SMS Łódź in 2020. He impressed a lot during his first season in England by scoring 12 goals in 25 games for Liverpool U18s and leading them to the FA Youth Cup final. Mateusz is a part of a very talented generation of Polish players born in 2003 which includes, among others Xavier Dziekoński, Kacper Kozłowski, Aleksander Buksa, Hubert Turski, Mateusz Łęgowski, Ariel Mosór, Krzysztof Bąkowski, Szymon Włodarczyk and Radosław Cielemęcki.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.