Date of birth: 23/03/2003 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Poggibonsi (Italy)
Youth career: Empoli
Current club: Empoli
Squad number: 35
Current national team: Italy U-19
Position: attacking midfielder, second striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Nabil Fekir
– ball control
– physical strength
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– likes to roam around in the space between the opposition’s midfield and defence
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– able to get out of various different scenarios, able to play wide and go direct, or being central and cutting through the lines/difference-maker
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– highly technical and creative player
– excellent balance, coordination and changes of pace
– likes to dribble
– known for his “quick feet”, mobility and close control
– holds very good skill, pace and low center of gravity
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– often makes surging runs into the penalty box
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– above-average decision-making in the final third
– all-action and energetic
– competent set-piece taker
Baldanzi dribbles past his man and scores with a superb shot in the top corner.
Baldanzi with a great run through the middle and superb assist to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Italian U-16 Championship 2018/2019 winner with Empoli.
League summary (as for 16 June 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Tommaso Baldanzi is a product of Empoli youth academy. During the 2018/2019 season, he was one of the leaders of the team that surprisingly won the Italian U-16 Championship. He has been in sensational form for Empoli U-19 in the Campionato Primavera this season – he scored 13 goals and provided 10 assists in 28 games. He made his professional debut for Empoli on 28 October 2020 in a Coppa Italia game against Benevento.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.