Country: Netherlands/Sierra Leone
Date of birth: 23/04/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Kono (Sierra Leone)
Youth career: VV Vos, VVV Venlo, Ajax Amsterdam (since 2018)
Current club: Ajax Amsterdam
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-16
Position: winger, centre-forward
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Thierry Henry
– ball control
– off the ball movement
– could improve his heading ability to become even more dangerous
Style of play:
– complete and elegant forward
– versatile attacker who can also play on the wing
– tall player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, superb technique on the ball, good dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– fantastic footwork, agility, coordination and pace for a player of his size
– likes to dribble
– likes to attack from the wing
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– exceptional composure in front of goal
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– in addition to his goalscoring ability, he is also a team-player who was capable of creating chances and assisting goals for his teammates
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, strength and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
Kalokoh dribbles past his opponent and scores with a brilliant finish.
Kalokoh with a great off the ball movement and very composed finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
MTU Cup 2019 Player of the Tournament award.
League summary (as for 24 July 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
David Kalokoh joined the famous Ajax academy from VVV Venlo in 2018. He is considered to be one of the biggest teenage talents in the Netherlands. He is a part of an extremely interesting group of Ajax players born in 2005 which includes, among others Alvaro Henry, Gabriel Misehouy, Silvano Vos, Oualid Agougil, and Rico Speksnijder. During the 2019/2020 season he scored 20 goals in 23 games for Ajax U-15 becoming the top scorer of De Toekomst. In March 2021, he signed his first professional contract with Ajax at the age of only 15.
“This is a proud moment for me, but I’m also very proud of my team. We have a great generation.”
(David Kalohoh after signing his first professional contract with Ajax)
Football Talent Scout potential rating: