Full name: Levi Lemar Samuel Colwill
Date of birth: 26/02/2003 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Southampton (England)
Youth career: City Central FC, Southampton FC, Chelsea FC (since 2011)
Current club: Huddersfield Town (on loan from Chelsea)
Squad number: 26
Current national team: England U-18
Position: central defender, left-back
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Player’s agent: First Access Sports
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Aymeric Laporte
– aerial duels
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant, and dominant centre-back
– player with excellent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– can also play as a left-back if needed
– perfect to play as a LCB in a three-man defence system
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– very comfortable on the ball
– likes to maraud forward
– good at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– known for his composure, positioning, good timing, confidence in possession, understanding of the game and an above-average technical capacity
– strong left foot also helps in the balance of the team when paired up with a right-footer
– fantastic pace, agility and coordination for a player of his size
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– physical phenomenon who often wins the ball back by outmuscling or outpacing his opponents
– tenacious and aggressive tackler
– very dominant in the air
– high tackling and interception rate
– concentrated, determined and committed player with very good rate of individual and collective work
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– very mature for his age/potential leader in the future
Colwill stops a pacey winger with a great timing tackle.
Colwill charges with the ball forward and makes a superb line-breaking pass to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 23 August 2021):
Championship 2021/2022 (ongoing): 4 games/1 goal (Huddersfield)
Levi Colwill is a product of Chelsea academy – one of the best youth systems in Europe which produced many superb players in recent years such as Mason Mount, Reece James, Tammy Abraham, Fikayo Tomori, Tariq Lamptey, Trevoh Chalobah, and Marc Guehi. Levi is considered to be one of the most talented players of his generation in England. Before the 2021/2022 season, he was sent on loan to the Championship side Huddersfield Town to gain valuable first-team experience.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.