Date of birth: 11/09/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Haywards Heat (England)
Youth career: Fulham, Chelsea (since 2016)
Current club: Chelsea
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-19
Position: left-back, central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Pavel Nedvěd
– ball control
– defensive contribution
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, natural fitness and stamina who feels comfortable in contact situations
– extremely versatile and complete player capable of playing anywhere in midfield and attack and also as a left-back/wing-back
– very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– likes to vary his play by cutting inside, running to the by-line and cross, or using half-spaces
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– very good vision and playmaking skills which help him to play in more central roles
– highly technical and creative player with a very good first touch
– excellent balance, coordination and changes of pace
– likes to dribble
– very comfortable with the ball at his feet/excellent close control
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– good ambidexterity when using his right weaker foot
– tireless runner with high work rate, also in the defensive phase
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude, and good recovery of his position
– all-action and energetic
– accurate penalty taker
Vale loses his marker thanks to great body balance and scores with a powerful finish.
Vale on the counter attack – he outpaces his opponents and scores with a clinical finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 9 September 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Harvey Vale joined Chelsea academy from Fulham as an Under-13. He is considered to be Chelsea’s best academy player born in 2003 along with Levi Colwill. In September 2020, he signed his first professional contract with The Blues on his 17th birthday. He has been in amazing form for Chelsea U23s this season – so far he scored 3 goals and provided one assist in just three Premier League 2 games. He is also a regular youth international for England – starting at the U-15 level all the way through U-19.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.