Date of birth: 23/12/2005 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Amtzell (Germany)
Youth career: FV Ravensburg, FC Bayern (since 2018)
Current club: FC Bayern
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-17
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2021/2022 (2/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Mesut Özil
– ball control
– first touch
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– can also play as a playmaking winger
– tall player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– excellent ability to shield the ball, close control, and first touch
– very high football IQ
– exceptional ability to maneuver in tight spaces
– has the technique, vision, and confidence to execute the killer passes and set up good goalscoring opportunities for his teammates
– extraordinary thinking when on the ball – he often chooses options which are unexpected for the opposition
– very good in combination play
– excellent body balance and changes of pace for a player of his size
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude and good recovery of his position
– competent set-piece taker
– operates quite comfortably with his right weaker foot
Wanner with a brilliant ‘no-look pass’ to assist his teammate.
Wanner with a great run and superb through ball to assist his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 3 December 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Paul Wanner joined FC Bayern youth academy from FV Ravensburg in 2018. He is considered to be one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of German players born in 2005 which includes, among others Arijon Ibrahimovic, Sidney Raebiger, Tom Bischof, Dženan Pejčinović, Laurin Ulrich, and Noel Aseko Nkili.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: