Date of birth: 19/04/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Stockport (England)
Youth career: Manchester United
Current club: Manchester United
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2021/2022 (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Paul Pogba
– ball control
– first touch
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– powerful box-to-box midfielder with very good playmaking skills
– extremely versatile and skillful/can play multiple roles in midfield and attack
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– creative player with superb technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– midfielder who sees the game differently from most revealing creativity, cleverness at his off-the-ball movements, great vision and passing ability orchestrating or providing dynamism to the team’s build-up process with ease and effectiveness
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game with dribbling, progressive runs, and passes/very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to play in a free role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– very good pace, agility, and coordination
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills
– possesses high stamina, energy, and the ability to make dangerous runs through the middle of the park
– covers a lot of space
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball with thanks to his strength and excellent close control
– extraordinary thinking when on the ball – he often chooses options which are unexpected for the opposition
– very high football IQ and superb spatial awareness
– able to dribble and make quick combinations at top speed
– fairly good in the air
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– determined and tenacious in the defensive phase
– avoids using his left weaker foot
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various roles and tactical systems
After a quick combination with his teammate, Mainoo enters the penalty area, dribbles past several opponents, and scores.
Mainoo intercepts the ball, makes a great run through the middle and provides a brilliant pre-assist for his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 6 December 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Kobbie Mainoo is considered to be one of the most talented players in the famous Manchester United youth academy along with other exciting prospects such as Shola Shoretire, Hannibal Mejbri, Isak Hansen-Aarøen, Álvaro Fernandez, Alejandro Garnacho, and Omari Forson. Kobbie made his debut for Manchester United U23s aged only 16 on 30 October 2021 in a Premier League 2 game against Tottenham. This shows how highly rated he is by United’s youth coaches.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: