Date of birth: 19/09/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Burton (England)
Youth career: Stoke City
Current club: Stoke City
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-17
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Syrenka Cup 2021
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Luis Suárez
– off the ball movement
– first touch
– link-up play
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete forward
– a very rare type of player who combines the qualities of a target man and off the shoulder striker
– very good pace, footwork, agility, and coordination
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– killer instinct, great off the ball movement, and flair in the final third
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– able to sniff a goal in any situation
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal/very good ability to connect with midfield
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– very good first touch to make quick combinations with his teammates
– decent dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing
– not the strongest player but knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his ability to shield the ball, technique, and close control
– dangerous in the air despite not being very tall/great jumping technique
– often moves deep into midfield and draws defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– aggressive and hard-working in pressing/when out of possession
– accurate penalty taker
Tezgel shows his intelligence and flair in the crowded area and scores with a clever finish.
Tezgel with a very good touch in the penalty area, he outsmarts everybody and scores with a very smart finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
Syrenka Cup 2021 runner-up with England.
Syrenka Cup 2021 Best Player Award.
League summary (as for 13 December 2021):
No senior appearances yet.
Emre Tezgel is a product of the Stoke City youth academy. He is a member of England U-17, a very interesting team with many exciting talents such as Jobe Bellingham, Kobbie Mainoo, Josh Feeney, Tommy Setford, Amario Cozier-Duberry, and Jamie Donley. Emre has been in fantastic form for Stoke youth this season – so far he scored 7 goals in just 4 games in the Premier League U-18 and also scored his first-ever goal in the Premier League U-23.
“He’s a Harry Kane-type centre-forward. That gets bandied about but his movement is good, he can hold the ball up and he is decent in the air. His main attribute, though, is his finishing and that’s what good centre-forwards have. He plays like a seasoned pro, pulling off at an angle, giving little nudges to the centre-back and making space. It’s great to have that bank of knowledge already at his age.”
(Gareth Owen – Stoke’s academy director)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.