Country: Ivory Coast
Date of birth: 21/03/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Koumassi (Ivory Coast)
Youth career: ASEC Mimosas
Current club: ASEC Mimosas
Squad number: 9
Current national team: Ivory Coast
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Samuel Eto’o
– off the ball movement
– still has a margin to improve his general technique and first touch to become even more dangerous and complete
– fantastic off the ball movement, pace and instinct allow him to get into good positions very often but he still needs to work on his composure in front of goal and improve his conversion rate
Style of play:
– advanced striker
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– very good pace, flair, agility, and coordination
– killer instinct and off the ball movement in the final third
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– likes to try to beat the offside trap
– likes to play off the shoulder of the opposition defenders
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– decent dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from the wing
– aerial threat despite not being the tallest/great jumping technique and timing
– all-action and energetic
– aggressive and hard-working in pressing/when out of possession
Konaté with great pace, off the ball movement, and clinical finish.
Konaté on the counter – he outpaces his opponents and scores with his weaker foot.
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-3-3.
Ivorian Ligue 1 2020/2021 champion with ASEC.
League summary (as for 30 December 2021):
Karim Konaté is a product of ASEC Mimosas academy, a famous youth system that produced many fantastic players in recent years such as Bonaventure Kalou, Didier Zokora, Emmanuel Eboué, Bakari Koné, Gervinho, Salomon Kalou, Romaric, Boubacar Barry, Didier Ya Konan, Kolo Touré, Yaya Touré and Odilon Kossounou. Karim has been a real sensation of the Ivorian Ligue 1 since he made his debut in 2020 at the age of only 16. He debuted with the Ivory Coast national team on 3 March 2021 in a 0–0 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification tie with Mozambique. In January 2022, he will be the youngest player at the Africa Cup of Nations.
“ASEC Mimosas’s MimoSifcom of is one of the world’s most prolific academies. Kolo Touré, Yaya Touré, Gervinho, Didier Zokora and Emmanuel Eboué are some of names that have emerged from the campus in the Sol Beni district of Abidjan. Karim Konaté may be the next in line. The 17-year-old shares more than a first name with his idol Karim Benzema – he is also a well-rounded forward who can play across the front line and who can score goals his head as well as his feet. After playing a full season with ASEC, Konaté was called up by Patrice Beaumelle to take part in 2022 World Cup qualifying with the senior national team in March 2021. He is expected to continue featuring for the Elephants on the road to Qatar.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.