Full name: Diego Manuel Jadon da Silva Moreira
Date of birth: 06/08/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Liège (Belgium)
Youth career: Standard Liège, Benfica (since 2020)
Current club: Benfica
Squad number: —
Current national team: Portugal U-18
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2021/2022 (5/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Leroy Sané
– ball control
– defensive contribution
– great dribbler who can be a little bit overambitious with dribbling sometimes
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– equally good on both wings
– very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– excellent balance, coordination, and changes of pace
– likes to dribble
– likes to cross
– often uses feints and stepovers
– very comfortable with the ball at his feet/excellent close control
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– operates comfortably with his right weaker foot
– tireless runner with high work rate, also in the defensive phase
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with a good aggressive attitude, and good recovery of his position
– all-action and energetic
Moreira with a great counter-attacking run and powerful finish to score a great goal.
Moreira cuts inside, dribbles past two opponents, and sends a dangerous shot with his right weaker foot.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 2 January 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Diego Moreira is the son of former Guinea-Bissau international footballer Almami Moreira. In 2020, Diego joined Benfica youth academy from Standard Liège – his father’s former club. This season he is one of the key players for Benfica U-19 in the UEFA Youth League – an extremely interesting team with many exciting talents such as Cher Ndour, Tomás Araújo, Nuno Félix, Pedro Santos, João Resende, João Neves, and Martim Neto.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.