Date of birth: 15/02/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Germany
Youth career: Bayern München, FC Augsburg (since 2017)
Current club: FC Augsburg
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-17
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: –—
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: —
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Dušan Vlahović
– off the ball movement
– link-up play
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– target man/complete forward
– tall player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– good pace, agility, and coordination for a player of his size
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– killer instinct and off the ball movement in the final third
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal/good ability to connect with midfield
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, strength, and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and draws defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– indirect set-piece threat
– dependable option while defending set-pieces
– active and tenacious in pressing
– almost perfectly two-footed
Pejčinović receives the ball in the penalty area, loses his marker with a feint, and scores with a powerful finish.
Pejčinović makes a very good off the ball movement and scores with a clinical finish with his weaker foot.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 28 January 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Dženan Pejčinović joined FC Augsburg youth academy from Bayern in 2017. He has been in phenomenal form this season so far – he scored 10 goals in 10 games for Augsburg U-17 and 11 goals in just 7 games for Germany U-17. He is considered to be one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of German players born in 2005 which includes, among others Arijon Ibrahimovic, Sidney Raebiger, Tom Bischof, Paul Wanner, Laurin Ulrich, and Noel Aseko Nkili.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.