Date of birth: 28/03/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Sweden
Youth career: IF Brommapojkarna
Current club: IF Brommapojkarna
Squad number: —
Current national team: Sweden U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Mats Hummels
– tackling and intercepting
– aerial duels
– fairly good coordination, pace, and agility for a player of his size, but he still may struggle a bit in front of skilful players with fast direction shifts/great acceleration skills at short distances
Style of play:
– complete, dominant and elegant central defender
– can also play as a defensive midfielder thanks to his above-average ball skills
– tall player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– able to play as a right and left-sided centre-back in a four-man defensive line
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– known for his composure, positional sense, confidence in possession, and understanding of the game
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling his opponents/wins most of the physical duels
– extremely dominant in the air
– aerial threat in the opposition box during the set-pieces
– aggressive in challenges with a high percentage of duels won
– operates very comfortably with his left weaker foot
Nissen stays calm under pressure, charges forward, and starts the attack of his team.
Nissen reads the game very well, intercepts the ball, and provides a very good long pass to his teammate.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 28 February 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Fredrik Nissen is a product of IF Brommapojkarna youth academy – a club known for its work with youth which produced many interesting talents in recent years such as Dejan Kulusevski, Jack Lahne, Joel Asoro, Jardell Kanga, and Paulos Abraham. Fredrik is one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of Swedish players born in 2005 which includes, among others Roony Bardghji, Jardell Kanga, Emmanuel Tannor, Montader Madjed, Matteo Vinlöf, Kazper Karlsson, and Ludwig Małachowski Thorell.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.