Date of birth: 05/03/2005 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Italy
Youth career: CA Lanús, Catania Calcio, Inter (since 2020)
Current club: Inter
Squad number: —
Current national team: Argentina
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: James Rodríguez
– ball control
– operating with his right weaker foot
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– player with decent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– able to get out of various different scenarios, able to play wide and go direct, or being central and cutting through the lines/difference-maker
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– highly technical, elegant, and creative player with excellent footwork
– likes to dribble
– likes to make quick first touch combinations with his teammates
– has the technique, ability and confidence to execute the killer passes and set-up goalscoring opportunities for his teammates
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– finds himself best in positional attack
– avoids using his right weaker foot
– active and tenacious in pressing/makes a good number recoveries in the opposition half
– competent set-piece taker
Carboni makes a good run through the middle and provides a brilliant assist to his teammate.
Carboni cuts inside from the right wing and provides his teammate with a superb no-look pass.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 11 March 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
In 2019, Valentin Carboni moved from the great Argentinian academy of Lanús to Catania Calcio – the former club of his father Ezequiel. After just one year he was signed by Inter along with his brother Franco. Valentin was one of the leaders of the Italy U-17 national team but in March 2022, Lionel Scaloni has surprisingly included Franco and Valentin in the Argentina preliminary squad.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.