Full name: Julio César Enciso
Date of birth: 22/01/2004 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Caaguazú (Paraguay)
Youth career: Club Libertad
Current club: Club Libertad
Squad number: 19
Current national team: Paraguay
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 5.500.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —–
Contract until: 31.12.2024
Player’s agent: Pedro Aldave
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Alexis Sánchez
– ball control
– first touch
– his positional awareness and understanding of tactical processes could still improve
– should work on his physical strength/sometimes goes to ground a little bit too easily
Style of play:
– inside forward
– offensive allrounder with many qualities allowing him to play as an advanced playmaker, second striker or even striker
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– always tries to find a vertical option in his game and likes to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– confident, mobile, dynamic, and very positive with the ball
– possesses powerful mid-range and decent long-range shooting skills
– above-average instinct and finishing skills in the final third
– excellent balance, coordination, and changes of pace
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– exceptional ability to maneuver in small spaces
– able to dribble and make quick combinations at top speed
– highly technical and creative with good vision and playmaking skills
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– high work rate in pressing/out of possession/likes to press and hassle the opposition’s defenders effectively
– operates comfortably with his left weaker foot
Enciso cuts inside from the left wing and scores with a magnificent long-range shot.
Enciso cuts inside, dribbles past his man and scores with a great low driven shot.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
Stats by Comparisonator:
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
División Profesional Apertura 2021 winner with Club Libertad.
Copa Paraguay 2019 winner with Club Libertad.
League summary (as for 12 March 2022):
Primera División de Paraguay 2019: 3 games/0 goals (Libertad)
Primera División de Paraguay 2020: 8 games/1 goal (Libertad)
Primera División de Paraguay 2021: 30 games/6 goals (Libertad)
Primera División de Paraguay 2022 (ongoing): 5 games/6 goals (Libertad)
Julio Enciso is considered to be the most talented teenager in Paraguay. He made his official debut aged 15 on 17 March 2019 in a league fixture against CD Santaní which made him the youngest ever Club Libertad player to play in the Primera División de Paraguay. He made his senior international debut on 15 June 2021 at the age of 17 years, 4 months and 24 days which made him the 5th youngest Paraguayan international ever.
‘Made his professional debut at the age of 15 and is, two years later, a regular starter for the reigning champions, Club Libertad. His direct style on the right wing has even impressed the national team coach, Edurado Berizzo, with the youngster becoming the fifth-youngest Paraguayan to be called up to the senior squad. He played 10 minutes in the Copa América and ticks all the boxes for what a winger needs to be successful: pace and a natural dribbling ability coupled with a capability to score goals and create assists. “Julio demands a lot from himself,” says the Club Libertad manager, Daniel Garnero. “He pushes himself to be better every day and in his teammate Tacuara Cardozo he has a great mentor.”’
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.