Full name in native alphabet: 松木 玖生
Date of birth: 30/04/2003 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Muroran, Hokkaido (Japan)
Youth career: Aomori Yamada MS, Aomori Yamada HS, FC Tokyo (since 2022)
Current club: FC Tokyo
Squad number: 44
Current national team: Japan U-23
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 31.01.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Xaver Schlager
– work rate
– long shots
– still has to work on his physicality to endure stronger players
Style of play:
– box-to-box midfielder
– all-round and versatile/able to play various role in midfield
– midfielder that imposes himself on the pitch with his tireless running and work rate
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game with dribbling, progressive runs, and passes
– perfect player for a high intensity and pressing team
– impacts the game at both the ends of the pitch
– likes to play short passes
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– possesses high stamina, energy, and the ability to make dangerous runs through the middle of the park
– able to make effective late runs into the opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his shooting skills
– possesses powerful mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– makes many interceptions thanks to his great recovery pace
– tireless runner who covers a lot of space
– able to dribble and make quick combinations at top speed
– consistent, aggressive, determined, and tenacious in the defensive phase
– all-action and energetic
Matsuki with a very quick decision and powerful first touch shot from outside the penalty area.
Matsuki with aggressive pressing – he wins the ball back and creates a great opportunity for his team to score.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
Stats by Comparisonator:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
All Japan High School Soccer Tournament 2021 winner with Aomori Yamada.
League summary (as for 28 March 2022):
J1 League 2022 (ongoing): 4 games/0 goals (Tokyo)
Kuryu Matsuki is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Japan. In 2021, he was one of the best players of Aomori Yamada at the All Japan High School Soccer Tournament – a very prestigious youth tournament. Despite interest from many European clubs, including Olympique Lyonnais, he decided to sign a contract with FC Tokyo. He made his J1 League debut for Tokyo on 18 February 2022 against Kawasaki Frontale.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.