Youth career: VPV Purmersteijn, AZ Alkmaar (since 2016)
Current club: AZ Alkmaar
Squad number: —
Current national team: —
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Raphinha
– ball control
– defensive contribution
– still has a margin to improve his decision-making and final ball
– operating with his right weaker foot
Style of play:
– explosive and flamboyant winger
– predominantly plays on the right hand side of a front three as an inverted winger
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– very good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– fantastic coordination, agility, and changes of pace
– likes to dribble
– direct and vertical player who likes to speed-up the game by dynamic dribbling runs in the final third
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside, and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– possesses interesting mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball
– incredibly explosive over the first meters
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength and excellent close control
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and confident of his skills
– very dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude, and good recovery of his position
– tenacious and hardworking in the defensive phase/pressing
– accurate penalty taker
Addai cuts inside, dribbles past his opponent with ease, and scores with a solid finish.
Addai enters the penalty area, dribbles past several opponents, and wins a penalty.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
Dutch Cup U-18 2021/2022 winner with AZ.
League summary (as for 23 May 2022):
Eerste Divisie 2021/2022: 4 games/0 goals (Jong AZ)
Jayden Addai is a product of AZ Alkmaar academy – an underrated youth system that produced many interesting talents in recent years such as Teun Koopmeiners, Calvin Stengs, Guus Til, Myron Boadu, and Owen Wijndal. Jayden made his professional debut for Jong AZ on 8 April 2022 in a 0-3 Eerste Divisie loss against FC Emmen. He is one of the leaders of a new wave of very interesting AZ academy players which includes the likes of Ernest Poku, Ilias Splinter, Maxim Dekker, Sem Dekkers, Fedde de Jong, Enoch Mastoras, Mexx Meerdink, Lewis Schouten, Wouter Goes, Jurre van Aken, Myron van Brederode, and Yusuf Barasi.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.