Youth career: NK Maribor
Current club: NK Maribor
Squad number: —
Current national team: Slovenia U-17
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/2)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Ángel Di María
– ball control
– first touch
– long shots
– efficiency in 1vs1 defensive duels
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– has many qualities to play as an advanced playmaker as well
– tall player with decent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– very good coordination, balance, and footwork for a player of his size
– likes to dribble
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside, and create himself a decent opportunity to score or pass
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball
– very strong in 1v1 situations and confident of his skills
– above-average passing and playmaking skills
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement, and close control
– very dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and movement
– very good ability at first touch/high speed in 1-2 combinations style of play
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces
– able to dribble and provide good crosses at top speed
– doesn’t use his right weaker foot very often but is able to shoot and cross quite comfortably with it
– competent set-piece taker
Čuk controls the ball in the penalty area and scores with a clever finish.
Čuk makes a good run, cuts inside, and provides a superb through ball to his teammate.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 24 May 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Tine Čuk is a product of NK Maribor academy – youth system that produced many Slovenian internationals in recent years such as Žan Kolmanič, Petar Stojanović, Dino Hotić, Luka Zahović, and Žan Celar. Tine is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Slovenia. He is also a regular youth international for his country and he’s one of the leaders of the 2005 generation along with the likes of Luka Poredoš, Niko Kasalo, Aleks Ristić, Mark Stojinović, and Jaka Čuber Potočnik.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European club ambition.