Date of birth: 02/07/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Denmark
Youth career: Odense BK
Current club: Odense BK
Squad number: —
Current national team: Denmark U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/4), 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Diogo Jota
– off the ball movement
– ball control
– physical strength/doesn’t feel very comfortable in contact situations
Style of play:
– advanced striker
– offensive allrounder capable of playing in several attacking positions, either in the centre as a striker, as a supporting forward, or as a winger
– can create a very interesting striking partnership when paired with a tall centre-forward
– diminutive and agile player with a low centre of gravity
– very good finisher capable on both feet
– known for mobility and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements in and around the opposite’ box
– likes to attack from the left wing, cut inside, and create himself a decent opportunity to score or assist his teammate
– unselfish with good vision and natural flair in the final third which make him also a capable assist-man
– good dribbler able to make effective solo runs to beat the defensive line
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– able to make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– all-action and energetic
– very active and tenacious in the defensive phase/pressing
– operates comfortably with his left weaker foot
Hansborg-Sørensen with a superb off the ball move and very nice finish with his left weaker foot.
Hansborg-Sørensen shows his flair and agility – he dribbles past the defender with ease and provides an assist.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-4-2.
League summary (as for 14 June 2022):
No senior appearances yet.
Elias Hansborg-Sørensen is a product of Odense Boldklub youth academy. He is one of the leaders of a very interesting generation of Danish players born in 2005 which includes the likes of Zidan Sertdemir, Julius Beck, Noah Nartey, Valdemar Andreasen, Ludwig Vraa-Jensen, Bertram Kvist, Noah Sahsah, Oscar Højlund, Emil Højlund, Mads Lauritsen, and Gustav Fraulo. In May 2022, Elias was an important member of Denmark U-17 which made it to the quarter-final of the UEFA European Under-17 Championship but lost to Serbia after a close game.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.