Full name: Lamine Yamal Nasraoui Ebana
Country: Spain/Equatorial Guinea/Morocco
Date of birth: 13/07/2007 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Mataró (Spain)
Youth career: FC Barcelona
Current club: FC Barcelona
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-16
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Neymar/Riyad Mahrez
– ball control
– first touch
– football IQ
– operates quite comfortably with his right weaker foot but improving/polishing would make him even more dangerous/unpredictable
– quite tall but doesn’t have the aerial prowess and rather avoids aerial challenges
Style of play:
– inside forward
– offensive allrounder capable of playing anywhere along the front-line
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– player who can be described as the perfect mix of a creator and finisher
– excellent footwork, agility, changes of pace, body balance, and coordination
– highly creative player with flawless technical abilities
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– vertical player who likes to carry the ball into the advanced zones to find himself a good position to shoot or set up play for his teammates
– often gets into good shooting positions thanks to his movement, skills, spatial awareness, and intelligence
– possesses powerful and accurate mid-range and long-range shooting skills/has a superb ability to hit precise curling shots with the inside of the foot
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his abilities
– able to get out of various different scenarios, able to play wide and go direct, or being central and cutting through the lines/able to make the difference at any time
– has the technique, ability, and confidence to execute the killer passes in the final third
– very good passing, vision, and playmaking skills/has many qualities of an advanced playmaker
– spectacular dribbler able to make effective solo runs to beat the defensive line
– extraordinary thinking when on the ball – he often chooses unconventional options which are unexpected for the opposition
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– above-average instinct, movement, and finishing skills in the final third
– active in pressing and high work rate when out of possession
– good direct and indirect set-piece taker
Yamal controls the ball in the penalty area and scores with a brilliant chipped finish.
Yamal loses his marker with a superb first touch control and scores with a precise finish.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
La Liga Promises 2019 winner with Barcelona.
La Liga Promises International 2019 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-13 Championship 2019 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-14 Championship 2020 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-15 Championship 2021 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-16 Championship 2022 winner with Barcelona.
MIC 2022 winner with Barcelona.
League summary (as for 13 July 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Lamine Yamal joined the famous La Masia at the age of 5. He is considered to be one of the world’s most talented players in his age category and Barcelona’s most talented academy player since Ansu Fati. He is a part of an extremely interesting generation of Barca U17s which includes, among others Dani Rodriguez, Hugo Alba, Áron Yaakobishvili, Gerard Hernández, Pau Prim, Álvaro Cortés, Landry Farre, Juan Hernández, Arnau Pradas, Marc Bernal, Pau Cubarsi, Héctor Fort, and Adam Aznou.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: