Date of birth: 12/03/2004 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Leicester (England)
Youth career: Leicester City
Current club: Leicester City
Squad number: 74
Current national team: England U-18
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: SEG
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Stanislav Lobotka
– ball control
– work rate
– player with a diminutive figure who’s not afraid of physical challenges but still needs to work on his physicality
– better mid-range and long-range shooting skills would be a nice addition to his arsenal
Style of play:
– deep-lying orchestrator/midfield playmaker
– likes to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances, and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– quick and agile player with very good technical ability and fast direction shifts in possession
– superb mix of creative, controlling, and defensive attributes
– very good in combination play
– excellent range of passing at all distances
– good spatial awareness and high football IQ/good feeling when to speed up the play with progressive passes and when to slow down the tempo to retain possession
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– energetic, tenacious, hardworking, and determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions and tackles
– positively aggressive in challenges with a high percentage of duels won
– his stamina, determination, agility, and pace enables him to cover a lot of ground ground
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low centre of gravity, close control, ability to shield the ball, and decent strength for a player of his size
– good leadership skills/he seems to be a quiet but determined and charismatic player
Braybrooke stays calm under heavy pressure and continues to orchestrate the moves of his team.
Braybrooke stops a dangerous counter-attack with a great timing tackle.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
Leicester City Academy Player of the Season 2021/2022.
League summary (as for 28 July 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Sammy Braybrooke is a product of Leicester City youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented English players of his generation along with the likes of Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Alfie Devine, Kaide Gordon, Luke Chambers, Dane Scarlett, Brooke Norton-Cuffy, Sonny Perkins, and Shola Shoretire. After many good performances for LCFC U23s, Sammy has been awarded Leicester City’s best academy player of the 21/22 season.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.