Eliesse Ben Seghir
Date of birth: 16/02/2005 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Gassin (France)
Youth career: SC Cogolinois, EFC Fréjus Saint-Raphaël, SC Cogolinois, AS Monaco (since 2020)
Current club: AS Monaco
Squad number: —
Current national team: —
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Amine Harit
– ball control
– determined and tenacious but still has a big margin to improve his defensive reliability
– consistency of his decision-making in the final third
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– offensive allrounder capable of playing in various positions such as attacking midfielder, winger, and supporting striker
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– possesses a truly futsal-esque technique and close control
– excellent pace, agility, and coordination
– likes to dribble
– likes to attack from left wing, cut inside, and find a good opportunity to score or pass
– able to rapidly speed-up the game by progressive runs and passes
– has the technique, ability, and confidence to execute killer passes and set up goalscoring opportunities for his teammates
– in addition to his superb range of passing and creativity in the final third, he’s also a spectacular dribbler able to make the difference with effective solo runs to beat the defensive line
– skillful, mobile, and energetic
– possesses very interesting mid–range and long-range shooting skills
– excellent footwork, ball control, and dribbling skills in tight spaces
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and confident of his skills
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter attack
– superb ability at first touch/high speed in one-two combinations with his teammates
– gets fouled often
– active and tenacious in pressing
– operates quite comfortably with his left weaker foot
– very good direct and indirect set-piece taker
Ben Seghir provides a brilliant through ball to create a big chance for his teammate.
Ben Seghir cuts inside from the left wing, makes himself a decent position to shoot, and scores with a powerful long-range effort.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
French U-19 Championship 2021/2022 runner-up with Monaco.
League summary (as for 18 August 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Eliesse Ben Seghir joined the superb AS Monaco youth academy from SC Cogolinois in 2020. He’s the brother of a highly talented Olympique Marseille player Salim Ben Seghir. Eliesse is a part of an extremely interesting generation of French players born in 2005 which includes the likes of Saël Kumbedi, Mathys Tel, El Chadaille Bitshiabu, Jeanuël Belocian, Valentin Atangana Edoa, Désiré Doué, Mamadou Sarr, and Tom Saettel. Eliesse was also a part of a very strong Monaco U-19 team that finished second in the French Championship 2021/2022 and showed a great generation of players such as Mayssam Benama, Edan Diop, Mamadou Coulibaly, Enzo Baglieri, and Malamine Efekele.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European league.