Date of birth: 20/03/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Istanbul (Turkey)
Youth career: Galatasaray
Current club: Galatasaray
Squad number: —
Current national team: Turkey U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (2/0), UEFA Youth League 2022/2023 (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Frenkie de Jong
– ball control
– he’s not afraid of physical challenges but he’s a player of a small frame who needs to work hard on his physical development
– power and accuracy of his shooting skills
– final ball/better decision-making and bravery in the final third
– frequency of operating with his left weaker foot
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker
– player with the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all midfield positions
– player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– mobile player with a natural technique to create dynamism in the team’s build-up process
– very good pace, agility, and coordination
– intelligent movement between the lines
– progressive carrier who likes to have the ball at his feet and often is an additional passing option
– likes to speed up the game with progressive runs and passes
– likes to play short passes
– very good in combination play
– high football IQ and spatial awareness
– good composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– displays a natural technique to dribble and take fast decisions in tight spaces
– difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– active, tenacious, and hardworking in the defensive phase
– avoids aerial duels
– gets fouled often
– high number of touches and passes per game
Akman receives the ball on his own half, carries the ball forward intelligently, and plays a very good pass to the wing.
Akman finds his teammate very well between the lines which creates a dangerous action for his team.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
Turkish U-16 Championship 2021/2022 winner with Galatasaray.
League summary (as for 31 October 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Efe Akman comes from a very sporting family – his father is a former Galatasaray and Turkish national team player, his older brother Hamza is also a star of Galatasaray youth academy, and his cousin Ali plays for Göztepe. Efe is one of the leaders of the new wave of Gala teenagers which includes, among others Hamza Akman, Ali Turap Bülbül, Beknaz Almazbekov, Zeki Saki, Emirhan Kayar, Berk Kizildemir, Taha Aydinli, Yalin Dilek, Ali Yesilyurt, Baran Aksaka, and Umut Erdem. He is also a regular youth international – in 2022 he represented his country at Euro U-17 as the youngest member of the Turkish team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.