Lautaro Di Lollo
Full name: Lautaro Federico Di Lollo
Date of birth: 10/03/2004 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Youth career: Boca Juniors
Current club: Boca Juniors
Squad number: 40
Current national team: Argentina U-20
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 250.000 €
Tournaments participated in: Maurice Revello Tournament 2022 (4/0)
Contract until: 31.12.2026
Player’s agent: Squadra Management Deportivo
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Jérôme Boateng
– aerial duels
– comfortable on the ball but still needs to work on his concentration issues in possession – sometimes he gives the ball away in dangerous areas or weights the passes badly
– operating with his left weaker foot
Style of play:
– complete and dominant central defender
– tall player with excellent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– modern defender who combines strength with good technique and passing
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges, pressing opponents, and anticipating their moves
– decent pace and coordination for a player of his size
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– able to play in a high line
– does not dive into tackles
– concentrated in the defensive phase with very good reading of the game, timing, and anticipation
– known for his composure, positional sense, and confidence in possession
– comfortable in the build-up with decent retention skills under pressure
– good at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– likes to maraud forward and assess passing options on the move
– knows how to use his upper-body strength to gain advantage
– committed and positively aggressive player who likes duels and has a very high percentage of challenges won
– usually plays clean and doesn’t get booked very often
– very dominant in the air
Di Lollo reads the game well and intercepts a dangerous pass.
Di Lollo charges with the ball forward and plays a very good line-breaking pass.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 16 November 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Lautaro Di Lollo is a product of the Boca Juniors youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented U-19 defenders in South America. Thanks to his great performances for the reserves, he was called to join the first team and sat on the bench several times. His big debut for Xeneizes seems to be only a matter of time. He is also a youth international for Argentina. In 2022, he represented his country at the prestigious Maurice Revello Tournament along with other interesting talents such as Alejandro Garnacho, Facundo Buonanotte, Nico Paz, Valentín Carboni, Matías Soulé, Mateo Sanabria, Gino Infantino, and Santi Castro.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.