Juan Pablo Goicochea
Full name: Juan Pablo Goicochea del Carpio
– off-the-ball movement
– link-up play
– tall player who’s quite decent in the air but still has a big margin to improve his heading ability to become even more complete and dangerous
– extensive passing skills and general creativity in the final third
Style of play:
– complete forward
– player with a very good body mass ratio who feels comfortable in the physical duels and knows how to use his body well to gain advantage
– combines the qualities of a target man and off-the-shoulder striker very well
– fast and powerful
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– intelligent movement, both inside and outside the penalty area
– decent dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing
– plays fruitfully with his back to the goal – able to either link-up play or lose his marker with a quick turn
– often moves deeper into midfield and draws defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– good first touch to make quick combinations and layoffs with his teammates
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and technique/good hold-up play
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter-attack
– active and tenacious in pressing
– likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs and capitalize on their mistakes
– gets fouled often
– accurate penalty taker
Goicochea shows his fantastic pace on the counter, dribbles past the goalkeeper, and scores.
Goicochea loses his markers with a smart off-the-ball move and scores with a composed finish.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 23 December 2022):
Liga 1 2022: 1 game/0 goals (Alianza)
Juan Pablo Goicochea joined the Alianza Lima youth academy from Esther Grande de Bentín in 2018. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Peru. He made his first-team debut for Alianza on 21 October 2022 in a league fixture against Deportivo Binacional. Juan Pablo is also a regular youth international for Peru and should be an important member of ‘La Blanquirrojita’ at the upcoming U-20 South American Championship in Colombia.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: