Full name: Gabriel Souza da Silva
Date of birth: 05/01/2005 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Bairro Piedade, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Youth career: Vasco da Gama
Current club: Vasco da Gama
Squad number: 25
Current national team: —
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior 2023 (3/3)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Alexander Isak
– ball control
– link-up play
– shot power
– first touch
– direct free-kicks
– quite good finisher but still needs to work hard on his movement, instinct, and composure in the penalty area to become even more prolific
Style of play:
– complete forward
– tall player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations and knows how to use his body to gain advantage
– very interesting mix of a complete forward, target man, and deep-lying forward
– very good pace, agility, and coordination for a player of his size
– elegant on the ball a truly futsal-esque technique
– unconventional striker who likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– his physical power and intellect let him play fruitfully with his back to the goal/very good ability to connect with midfield and attacking partners
– possesses powerful mid and long-range shooting skills with his right foot
– has tendency to try spectacular shots from distance
– above-average playmaking skills
– often moves deeper into midfield and draws defenders with him in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– feels comfortable in tight spaces/under pressure thanks to his footwork, technique, and ball control
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and excellent close control
– likes to take advantage of the carelessness of the opponents/always alert to capitalize on defensive mistakes
– good dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs effectively
– accurate penalty taker
– direct-free kick specialist
GB loses his marker with a very good off-the-ball movement and scores with a smart finish.
GB reacts quickly to a defensive mistake and scores.
GB scores with a beautiful free-kick.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
Campeonato Carioca U-17 2022 winner with Vasco.
Copa Rio U-17 2022 winner with Vasco.
League summary (as for 26 January 2023):
Campeonato Carioca 2023 (ongoing): 1 game/0 goals (Vasco)
GB is a product of the Vasco da Gama academy – a superb youth system which produced many exciting talents in recent years such as Andrey Santos, Douglas Luiz, Evander, Talles Magno, Paulinho, Rayan, Matheus Ferreira, Eguinaldo, Nathan, Lucas Figueiredo, Marlon Gomes, and Riquelme. GB made his professional debut for Vasco on 20 January 2022 in the Campeonato Carioca game against Audax Rio.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.