Date of birth: 15/03/2007 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Gdańsk (Poland)
Youth career: KP Sopot, Lechia Gdańsk, Lech Poznań (since 2021)
Current club: Lech Poznań
Squad number: —
Current national team: Poland U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Leon Goretzka
– physical strength
– aerial duels
– motor skills and coordination
– playing at a higher tempo and under pressure
– higher consistency and presence in the attacking phase
Style of play:
– box-to-box midfielder
– has many qualities and can also be very effective in a more pivotal role as a holding midfielder
– able to play in both a three- or four-man midfield
– tall player with excellent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– above-average technical capacity/quite elegant with the ball at his feet
– likes to play short passes
– knows how to create dynamism in the team’s build-up process by using his natural verticality, good vision, and passing ability
– possesses high stamina, energy, and the ability to go on lung-bursting runs through the middle of the park
– intelligent player with good positional sense who finds the space well between the lines
– able to make effective late runs into the opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to score or provide an assist
– decent ability at first touch/high speed in one-two combinations with his teammates
– very difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and technique
– determined and proactive in the defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions and tackles
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– knows how to use his body strength in challenges/wins most of the physical duels
– very dominant in the air/aerial threat in the opposition box
– high work rate and determination
– operates quite comfortably with his weaker left foot
Brzyski reads the game very well, intercepts the ball, and provides a good ball to his overlapping teammate.
Brzyski with a good run on the counter and a very interesting through ball to his teammate.
Brzyski tracks back and stops a dangerous attack with a very well timed sliding tackle.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
Polish U-15 Championship 2021/2022 winner with Lech.
League summary (as for 3 February 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Igor Brzyski joined the Lech Poznań youth system from Lechia Gdańsk in 2021. Lech academy is considered to be the best youth system in Poland which produced many interesting players in recent years such as Karol Linetty, Jan Bednarek, Dawid Kownacki, Robert Gumny, Jakub Kamiński, Kamil Józwiak, Michał Skóraś, Jakub Moder, Filip Marchwiński, and Tymoteusz Puchacz. Igor is one of the leaders of an interesting generation of Polish U17s which includes, among others Karol Borys, Jan Faberski, Krzysztof Kolanko, Cyprian Popielec, Mikołaj Tudruj, Filip Wolski, Adrian Przyborek, Daniel Mikołajewski, Jakub Krzyżanowski, Filip Rejczyk, Oskar Tomczyk, Adam Pieniądz, and Mateusz Skoczylas.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.