Date of birth: 26/09/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: England
Youth career: Arsenal
Current club: Arsenal
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Syrenka Cup 2022 (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Mousa Dembélé
– ball control
– quality of operating with his weaker right foot
– better mid and long-range shooting skills would be a nice addition to his skillset
– concentration/might be a little bit overconfident sometimes and lose the ball in dangerous areas
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker
– has all the qualities to play in a single pivot as a midfield controller as well
– all-round and versatile player who can cover multiple positions with ease and effectiveness if needed
– great mix of progressive passer and carrier who always tries to find a vertical option in his game
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all midfield positions
– player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– strong and agile with good coordination and pace
– intelligent player with good movement who likes to have the ball at his feet and feels very comfortable in combination play
– very good range of passing at all distances
– high football IQ and spatial awareness
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– possesses high stamina, energy, and the ability to go on lung bursting runs through the middle of the park
– excellent footwork and dribbling skills at top speed
– able to rapidly speed up the game by his dribbling or passing skills at any time
– difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and close control
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option thanks to his positional awareness and understanding of the game
– very good composure and retention skills in tight spaces and under pressure/press-resistant player
– tireless runner with a good engine who covers a lot of space
– energetic, hardworking, and determined in the defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions and tackles
– high number of touches and passes per game
Lewis-Skelly with a superb run through the middle and pass to his winger.
Lewis-Skelly reads and anticipates the game very well and stops a very dangerous counter-attack.
Lewis-Skelly gets out of pressure thanks to his superb skills and starts a dangerous attack.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 7 February 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Myles Lewis-Skelly is a product of Hale End, the superb Arsenal youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented U17s in England along with the likes of Ethan Nwaneri, Shea Lacey, Jimmy Morgan, Michael Golding, Kiano Dyer, Justin Oboavwoduo, Zach Abbott, Chris Rigg, and Josh Acheampong. Myles is also a regular youth international for England and now he’s one of the biggest stars of the U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.
Pingback: Arsenal have Xhaka inheritor in Lewis-Skelly – Footballerz·