Date of birth: 19/11/2004 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Ivry-sur-Seine (France)
Youth career: US Villejuif Football, Paris Saint-Germain (since 2017)
Current club: FC Lorient (on loan from Paris Saint-Germain)
Squad number: 44
Current national team: France U-19
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 500.000 €
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2021/2022 (7/0), UEFA Youth League 2022/2023 (4/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Naby Keïta/Tanguy Ndombélé
– work rate
– ball control
– better shooting skills and more courage to take shots would be a nice addition to his skillset
– vision and creativity in the final third/final ball
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– box-to-box midfielder
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, and natural fitness
– can also play deeper in a more holding role as a midfield destroyer
– excellent pace, agility, and coordination
– perfect player for a high-intensity and pressing team
– likes to play short passes
– doesn’t shoot often
– his energy and anticipation sense enable him to cover a lot of ground, press opponents, and start attacks after winning back possession
– good composure and retention skills under pressure
– in addition to his tireless running and work rate, he’s also a high-volume passer who possesses good passing and playmaking skills and takes a major part in the build-up
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and technique
– good spatial awareness and ability to read the game
– vertical midfielder who likes to speed up the game with progressive carries and passes
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counterattack
– impacts the game at both ends of the pitch
– good anticipation sense and positioning allow him to provide many key interceptions and tackles for his team
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– impressive engine and stamina
– excellent recovery pace and determination when tracking back
– mature and intelligent with very good decision-making for a player of his age
– avoids aerial duels
Kari receives the ball after a good off-the-ball move and players an intelligent ball to his winger.
Kari intercepts the ball, starts the dynamic counter-attack, and plays a good ball to his teammate.
Kari shows his tenacity and wins the ball back with a clean tackle.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 3 March 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Ayman Kari joined the Paris Saint-Germain youth academy from AS Villejuif in 2017. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in France and a member of a new, extremely interesting wave of PSG academy players which includes, among others Ismaël Gharbi, Warren Zaïre-Emery, Ilyes Housni, El Chadaille Bitshiabu, Ethan Mbappé, Vimoj Muntu Wa Mungu, Younes El Hannach, Nehemiah Fernandez, and Noha Lemina. On 5 January 2023, Kari signed his first professional contract with PSG. On 31 January, he was loaned out to fellow Ligue 1 side FC Lorient until the end of the season with an option for a one-year extension. He is also a regular youth international for France and currently he’s one of the leaders of the U-19 setup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.