Date of birth: 12/01/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Wythenshawe (England)
Youth career: North Geelong, Hajduk Split (since 2022)
Current club: Hajduk Split
Squad number: —
Current national team: Croatia U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2022/2023 (3/1), 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Samir Nasri
– ball control
– football IQ
– very good work rate but he still has a big margin to improve his efficiency in the defensive phase
– power and accuracy of his shooting skills
– physical development
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker
– versatile midfielder who’s tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– a very interesting mix of a midfield playmaker and box-to-box midfielder
– fast, dynamic, and mobile player who covers a lot of space
– likes to be fielded in a free role in midfield, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– creative player with great technique on the ball, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– in addition to his superb technical and individual skills, he’s also a well-rounded and hard-working team player
– intelligent movement between the lines
– vertical player who often creates numerical superiority with his progressive runs and passes
– very high football IQ and spatial awareness
– player with an outstanding vision to execute killer passes and set up goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates
– extraordinary thinking when on the ball – he often chooses options that are unexpected for the opposition
– feels very comfortable in quick combination and one-touch play
– very good composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– superb technique, footwork, and close control in tight spaces
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counterattack
– doesn’t hesitate to track back and work for the team/active when out of possession and in pressing
– not afraid of physical duels with stronger opponents
– operates comfortably with his weaker left foot
Skoko creates a big chance with a superb through ball with the outside of his foot.
Skoko cuts inside from the right wing, spots the movement of his teammate, and provides a very good pass.
After winning the ball back, Skoko makes a quick decision, and provides a superb ball to start the counter-attack.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 31 March 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Noa Skoko is the son of a former Australian international Josip Skoko. He joined the superb Hajduk Split youth academy from North Geelong in 2022. He is one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of Hajduk teenage academy players which includes, among others Luka Vušković, Roko Brajković, Dominik Prpić, Rokas Pukštas, Marko Capan, Marin Ćalušić, Lovre Lončar, Mate Antunović, Niko Đolonga, Jere Vrcić, and Marino Skelin. Noa is also a regular youth international for Croatia and currently he’s an important member of the U-17 team.
“There are actually a lot of similarities to our games – I spent a lot of time coaching him as a youngster so I suppose that’s not so surprising.”
(Josip Skoko – Noa’s father)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.