Haukur Andri Haraldsson
Date of birth: 24/08/2005 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Iceland
Youth career: ÍA Akranes
Current club: ÍA Akranes
Squad number: 18
Current national team: Iceland U-19
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 50.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2023 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification elite round (2/0)
Contract until: 16.11.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Radja Nainggolan
– work rate
– doesn’t feel comfortable at all in physical duels/needs to build more muscles/physical power
– playing in tight spaces
– general composure on the ball/can be a little bit too chaotic with his decision-making
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– box-to-box midfielder
– versatile player who can cover multiple positions if needed
– very good pace, agility, and coordination
– interesting option for a high-intensity and pressing team
– tireless runner who covers a lot of space
– decent passing and playmaking skills in the build-up phase
– constantly on the move looking for space and always tries to find a vertical option in his game
– likes to press opponents, and start attacks after winning back possession
– able to produce dynamic and dangerous runs up field on the counterattack
– able to make effective late runs into the opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to score
– decent technique and ball control top speed
– impacts the game at both ends of the pitch
– even though he’s not efficient at the moment mainly due to his physicality, he’s combative, hardworking, and tenacious in the defensive phase
– excellent recovery pace and determination when tracking back
– positively aggressive and fearless in duels
Haraldsson wins the ball back and starts the counter-attack with a good pass.
Haraldsson with a superb run through the middle of the pitch and a very good pass to his teammate.
Haraldsson scores after a very well-timed late run into the penalty area.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 5 April 2023):
Besta deild 2022: 15 games/1 goal (Akranes)
Haukur Andri Haraldsson is a product of the ÍA Akranes youth academy. He was born into a family of footballers. His parents Haraldur Ingólfsson and Jónína Víglundsdóttir are former Iceland internationals. His brothers Tryggvi Hrafn and Hákon Arnar are also professional footballers. He made his first-team debut for Akranes on 26 February 2022 in the Icelandic Cup game against Breiðablik. He is also a regular youth international for Iceland – he started at the U-15 level and now he’s one of the youngest members of the U-19 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European league ambition.