Date of birth: 07/02/2007 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Mangalia (Romania)
Youth career: Farul Constanța
Current club: Farul Constanța
Squad number: —
Current national team: Romania U-16
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Rodrigo Moreno/Robin van Persie
– ball control
– off-the-ball movement
– can be a little bit too nonchalant and overuse his skills sometimes
– improving his heading ability would be a very nice addition to his skillset
Style of play:
– shadow striker/advanced striker/inside forward
– tall player with a good body mass ratio who can develop very well physically in the coming years
– offensive allrounder capable of playing in various positions such as winger, attacking midfielder, support striker, and striker
– good agility, body balance, changes of pace, and coordination
– highly elegant with a futsal-esque technique on the ball
– likes to dribble
– mobile attacker who likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– very good close control, footwork, and dribbling skills in small spaces
– creative with very good passing and playmaking skills
– above-average composure, off-the-ball movement, and finishing skills in the final third
– player with a ‘quick feet’ who’s explosive over the first meters
– counter-attacking weapon thanks to his pace and acceleration
– skillful and confident when dribbling at top speed
– good ability at first touch/high speed in 1-2 combinations style of play
– competent indirect set-piece taker with decent crossing skills
– rather avoids using it but he’s able to cross and shoot with his weaker right foot quite comfortably
Doicaru cuts inside and scores with a precise finish from outside the penalty area.
Doicaru receives the ball on the wing, enters the penalty area, and scores from a very tight angle.
Doicaru loses his markers with a very good off-the-ball move and scores with a precise finish.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Second striker in 4-4-2.
Romanian U-15 Championship 2021/2022 runner-up with Farul.
Romanian U-16 Championship 2021/2022 runner-up with Farul.
League summary (as for 18 April 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Iustin Doicaru is the son of a former professional footballer Radu Doicaru. He is a product of the famous Gheorghe Hagi Football Academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Romania. Iustin is also one of the leaders of a very interesting generation of Romanian U17s which includes, among others Alexandru Stoian, Ioan Vermeșan, Luca Băsceanu, Mihai Toma, Gabriel Gheorghe, Enes Sali, Alin Cocoş, Leo Saca, David Popa, Diego Burlacu, Luca Szimionaș, David Păcuraru, and Rareș Fătu.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.