Date of birth: 26/07/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Saint-Étienne (France)
Youth career: AS Saint-Étienne, Andrézieux-Bouthéon FC, SC Air Bel, AS Monaco (since 2021)
Current club: AS Monaco
Squad number: —
Current national team: France U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Isco/Renato Sanches
– ball control
– mid and long-range shooting skills and general efficiency in the final third
– physical development/strength
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker/advanced playmaker
– can also play on the flank as a false winger
– player of a small frame who doesn’t feel comfortable in contact and aerial duels
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– superb pace, agility, and coordination
– likes to be fielded in a free role in midfield, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– creative player with great technique on the ball, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– very vertical mix of a ball carrier and passer/often creates numerical superiority with his progressive runs and passes
– very high football IQ and spatial awareness
– likes to operate in the left half spaces between the opposition defence and midfield
– player with an outstanding vision to execute killer passes and set up goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates
– extraordinary thinking when on the ball – he often chooses options that are unexpected for the opposition
– his mobility and energy enable him to make effective attacking runs to beat the defensive line
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and movement
– feels very comfortable in quick combination and one-touch play
– great ball control and dribbling skills at top speed
– very good composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– superb technique, footwork, and close control in tight spaces
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– good indirect set-piece taker
Bouabré creates a big chance after a superb dribbling run.
Bouabré shows his fantastic ability to play in small spaces and creates a big chance.
Bouabré wins a penalty after a surging run into the penalty area.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 21 April 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Saïmon Bouabré joined La Diagonale, the superb AS Monaco youth academy, from SC Air Bel in 2021. He is one of the leaders of a very interesting generation of French players born in 2006 which includes, among others Warren Zaïre-Emery, Eli Junior Kroupi, Mohamed-Amine Bouchenna, Tidiam Gomis, Aymen Sadi, Mathis Lambourde, Mathis Amougou, Ethan Mbappé, Bastien Meupiyou, Yoram Zague, Joachim Kayi Sanda, Nolan Ferro, Ismail Bouneb, and Nhoa Sangui.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European league.