Date of birth: 28/10/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Ireland
Youth career: Shamrock Rovers
Current club: Shamrock Rovers
Squad number: —
Current national team: Ireland U-17
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2022/2023 (2/0), 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: James Maddison
– ball control
– very good technique on the ball and footwork but still has a margin to improve his ability to play in tight spaces
– in some situations, he makes the wrong decision to shoot from difficult angles rather than passing to teammates in better positions
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– able to play comfortably on both flanks as the mix of a winger and advanced playmaker
– not the tallest but he’s a player with a good body mass ratio and stocky build who’s not afraid of physical duels and wins a fair share of them
– excellent pace, agility, body balance, and coordination
– player with superb technique on the ball, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– mobile and likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– vertical player who often creates numerical superiority with his progressive runs and passes
– able to make dangerous on and off-the-ball runs into the penalty area
– likes to shoot from distance
– powerful mid and long-range shooting ability with both feet
– very good vision to execute killer passes and set up goalscoring opportunities for his teammates
– good dribbler who can move past opponents with extreme ease thanks to his pace, quick feet, and agility
– feels very comfortable in quick combination and one-touch play
– able to pick good passes and dribble at top speed
– knows how to use his strength to gain advantage/very good ability to shield the ball
– above-average decision-making for a player of his age
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter-attack
– very good defensive work rate and tenacity/often tracks back and works for the team
– dynamic and energetic with a very good engine
– operates quite comfortably with his weaker left foot
– good indirect and decent direct set-piece taker
Razi controls the ball, makes a quick decision, and creates a big chance with a superb through ball.
Razi provides a good ball after an energetic run through the flank.
Razi makes a superb run into the penalty area and scores with a powerful shot.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 9 May 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Naj Razi is another excellent prospect from the Shamrock Rovers youth academy. He is part of a new, extremely interesting generation of Irish U19s which includes, among others Evan Ferguson, Rocco Vata, Kevin Zefi, Sam Curtis, Justin Ferizaj, James Abankwah, Mason Melia, Trent Kone Doherty, Mark O’Mahony, Cathal Heffernan, and Franco Umeh-Chibueze. Naj is also a regular youth international for Ireland – he started at the U-16 level and now he’s one of the leaders of the U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.