Full name: Maxim Bora Dal
Date of birth: 26/01/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Germany
Youth career: 1. FSV Mainz 05
Current club: 1. FSV Mainz 05
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Pau Torres
– aerial duels
– not the fastest over the first meters/may struggle a bit in front of skillful players with fast direction shifts/great acceleration skills at short distances
– defending in wide areas
Style of play:
– complete, elegant, and dominant centre-back
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– very interesting combination of pure defensive skills and ball-playing ability
– perfect for the possession-based style
– likes an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– likes to play close to the opponent to not give him the space to accelerate
– elegant and very comfortable on the ball with an above-average range of passing at all distances/takes a major impact on all of the team’s build-up process
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– known for his good confidence in possession, understanding of the game, and an above-average technical capacity
– good composure and retention skills under pressure
– likes to spread play with long-range diagonals
– does not dive into tackles
– tenacious and accurate tackler/very strong in 1vs1 duels
– often cuts or intercepts passes and crosses near or inside his penalty area thanks to his anticipation, positioning, and timing
– dominant in the air
– concentrated and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
Dal reads the game well, leaves the line, and cuts a dangerous pass.
Dal advanes with the ball at his feet and plays a very good line-breaking pass.
Dal leaves the line, wins the physical duel, and wins the ball back.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
German U-19 Championship 2022/2023 winner with Mainz.
League summary (as for 12 May 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Maxim Dal is a product of the 1. FSV Mainz 05 youth academy. Maxim is a very important member of Germany U-17, a strong team with many exciting talents such as Paris Brunner, Forzan Assan Ouédraogo, Bence Dárdai, Max Moerstedt, Robert Ramsak, Finn Jeltsch, Noah Darvich, Charles Herrmann, Jarzinho Malanga, Eliot Bujupi, and David Leal Costa. In April 2023, he played every single minute in the semi-finals and final of the Bundesliga U-19. Mainz won that competition for the second time in history and showed a superb generation of players such as Brajan Gruda, Nelson Weiper, Lovis Bierschenk, Dennis Kaygin, Philipp Schulz, Justus Götze, and Jason Amann.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.