Youth career: Silkeborg IF
Current club: Silkeborg IF
Squad number: —
Current national team: Denmark U-16
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Miguel Almirón
– first touch
– ball control
– first touch
– football IQ
– player of a small frame who doesn’t feel comfortable in contact situations
– final ball/may be a little bit overambitious and dribble or shoot rather than pass the ball to teammates in better positions
– quality and frequency of using his weaker right foot
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– a very interesting mix of a wide playmaker and a pure winger
– creative player with excellent technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– superb combination of a dribbler and creator who likes to speed up the game with his dribbling and passing skills/very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– player with a low centre of gravity, fantastic pace, agility, and coordination
– likes to dribble
– likes to play in a free attacking role, where he is granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to move more centrally and combine with midfielders
– likes to operate in the right half-spaces
– above-average passing and playmaking skills
– often loses his markers with a superb first touch control
– extremely skillful and intelligent player, who likes to have the ball at his feet
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– spectacular dribbler with futsal-esque close control, who is able to make effective solo runs to beat the defensive line
– elegant on the ball with a silky touch
– his fantastic close control, footwork, body balance, and ‘quick feet’ allow him to drift past defenders with ease
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– very positive on the ball, unpredictable, and confident of his skills
– very interesting mid and long-range shooting skills
– excellent ability at first touch/high speed in 1-2 combinations style of play
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and movement
– in addition to his attacking quality, he’s also hardworking and tenacious in the defensive phase/pressing and doesn’t hesitate to track back and work for the team
– good direct and indirect set-piece taker
Abildgaard dribbles past his man, makes quick one-two with his teammate, and scores with a superb shot from outside the penalty area.
Abildgaard with a very good counter-attacking run and a superb pass to his winger.
Abildgaard shows his superb footwork, loses his marker with ease, and tries a shot from a difficult angle.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 22 May 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Lasse Abildgaard is a product of the Silkeborg IF youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented players of his generation in Scandinavia. He is one of the leaders of an interesting generation of Danish U17s which includes, among others Tobias Lund Jensen, Jonathan Asp, Oscar Schwartau, Sebastian Biller Mikkelsen, Cornelius Olsson, Tobias Slotsager, Christian Jørgensen, Victor Froholdt, Nikolaj Juul-Sandberg, Amin Chiakha, Anders Noshe, Peter Villum Berthelsen, Jonatan Lindekilde, Hjalte Bidstrup, and Lasse Overgaard. Lasse is also a regular youth international for Denmark and currently he’s one of the leaders of the U-16 setup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.