Date of birth: 18/02/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Mali
Youth career: AS Black Stars
Current club: AS Black Stars
Squad number: —
Current national team: Mali U-17
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (5/4)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Dušan Vlahović
– off-the-ball movement
– link-up play
– a very complete skillset for a striker of his age but still needs to work hard to polish some elements of his game such as operating with his weaker right foot and efficiency in pressing
Style of play:
– modern target man
– tall player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, and natural fitness
– killer instinct, great off-the-ball movement, timing, intelligence, composure, and flair in the final third
– very good agility and coordination for a player of his size
– good pace over longer distances
– skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– above-average shot power and composure in front of the goal
– his physical power, aerial ability, and technique allow him to play fruitfully with his back to the goal/very good ability to connect with midfield and attacking partners
– often moves deeper into midfield and draws defenders with him in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– in addition to his superb link and hold-up play, he also knows how to turn with with a player on his back and make powerful runs to beat the defensive line
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and technique
– knows how to use his upper-body strength and long legs to gain advantage
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– indirect set-piece threat
Doumbia cuts inside, makes a quick feint, and scores with a powerful shot.
Doumbia loses his markers with a good off-the-ball move and scores with a clinical finish.
Doumbia loses his markers with a superb first touch and scores with a calm finish.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 23 May 2023):
Mamadou Doumbia is one of the most interesting strikers of his generation in Africa. In 2023, he was Mali’s leader and top scorer at the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations where young Malians made it to the semi-final, but lost to the revelation of the tournament Morocco in the penalty shootout.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.