Date of birth: 07/06/2008 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Pikine (Senegal)
Youth career: Génération Foot
Senior career: Génération Foot
Squad number: —
Current national team: Senegal U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (6/5)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Wilfried Zaha
– ball control
– first touch
– needs to work on his decision-making on the ball/can be a little bit overambitious and shoot from unprepared positions or get into 1v1 situations and lose the ball in dangerous areas
– efficiency in defensive duels
Style of play:
– inside forward
– offensive allrounder who is capable of playing anywhere along the front-line
– quite tall (should easily reach around 180cm) player with a good body mass ratio who can develop into an excellent athlete in the near future
– strong and agile
– very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– likes to play in a free attacking role, where he is granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– likes to use body feints and stepovers to beat opponents
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– unpredictable player who likes to vary his play by cutting inside, entering the penalty area, making quick combinations with his teammates, running to the by-line, or swapping wings
– spectacular player able who likes to have the ball at his feet and is able to make solo dribbling runs to beat the defensive line and make a difference at any time
– creative at his off-the-ball movements and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings
– decent flair, movement, and finishing skills in the penalty area
– in addition to his good goalscoring ability, he is also creative and capable of creating chances and assisting goals for teammates
– good acceleration and superb pace over longer distances
– very strong in 1v1 situations, positive with the ball at his feet, and confident of his skills
– mobile and skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– likes to make quick one-twos with his teammates
– able to make effective off-the-ball/shoulder runs to beat the defensive line
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength and close control
– gets fouled often
– improvable heading ability but he’s able to win aerial duels thanks to his strength and jumping technique
– competent indirect set-piece taker
– operates very comfortably and he’s able to score, pass and dribble with his weaker left foot
– good leadership skills and maturity
Diouf enters the penalty area, dribbles past his opponent with ease, and scores from a very tight angle.
Diouf beats his man thanks to his acceleration and provides an assist.
Diouf cuts inside, gets past two opponents with ease and tries an ambitious effort but his shot goes wide.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
Mohammed VI U-19 2023 Tournament winner with Génération Foot.
2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations winner with Senegal.
2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations Golden Boot Award.
League summary (as for 12 June 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Amara Diouf is considered to be one of the most exciting talents in Africa. He is a product of the famous Génération Foot academy – a youth system that developed many superb Senegalese players such as Sadio Mané, Ismaïla Sarr, Ibrahima Niane, Pape Matar Sarr, Papiss Cissé, and Habib Diallo. In 2023, Diouf was the captain and leader of Senegal at the U-17 Africa Cup of Nations. The Young Lions of Teranga became champions for the first time in history and Amara won the Golden Boot award.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: