Date of birth: 01/04/2007 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Avellaneda, Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Youth career: Racing Club
Current club: Racing Club
Squad number: —
Current national team: Argentina U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 South American U-17 Championship (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Joško Gvardiol
– excellent on the ball, but can be a little bit overambitious/overconfident sometimes with his high-risk passing play
– still has a margin to improve and become more dominant in the air
– operating with his weaker right foot
Style of play:
– complete, elegant, and dominant centre-back
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– quick, strong, and agile
– can be an interesting option to play as a left-sided centre-back in a three-man defence system
– extremely interesting combination of pure defensive skills and ball-playing ability
– perfect for the possession-based style
– likes an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– likes to maraud forward with the ball at his feet
– elegant and very comfortable on the ball with an above-average range of passing at all distances/takes a major impact on all of the team’s build-up process
– very good range of passing at all distances
– known for his good confidence in possession, understanding of the game, and an above-average technical capacity
– great composure and retention skills under pressure
– likes to spread play with long-range diagonals
– tenacious and accurate tackler/very strong in 1vs1 duels
– often cuts or intercepts passes and crosses near or inside his penalty area thanks to his anticipation, positioning, and timing
– possesses powerful long-range shooting ability with his left foot/able to surprise the defence and scores spectacular goals from long distances
– determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– excellent recovery pace and determination when tracking back
– very accomplished and mature for his age
Escudero stops an extremely dangerous counter with a supebly timed tackle.
Escudero covers his teammate’s mistake thanks to his pace and stay calm under pressure.
Escudero leaves the line, intercepts the ball, and plays an interesting line-breaking pass.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
2023 South American U-17 Championship 3rd place with Argentina.
League summary (as for 13 June 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Gonzalo Escudero is a product of the Racing Club youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented U-17 defenders in South America. In 2023, he represented his country at the South American U-17 Championship where Argentina finished 3rd and showed a really interesting generation of players such as Claudio Echeverri, Ian Subiabre, Agustín Ruberto, Juan Villalba, Santiago López, Kevin Gutiérrez, Maximiliano Porcel, Dylan Gorosito, Alejo Sarco, Ulises Giménez, Octavio Ontivero, and Mariano Gerez.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.