Date of birth: 19/01/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Kraków (Poland)
Youth career: Bronowianka Kraków, Wisła Kraków (since 2018)
Current club: Wisła Kraków
Squad number: 52
Current national team: Poland U-17
Position: central defender, left-back
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 25.000 €
Tournaments participated in: Syrenka Cup 2022 (3/0), 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2024
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Joško Gvardiol/Aleksandar Kolarov
– aerial duels
– even though he’s agile, he gets caught on his weaker side while 1vs1 quite often
– still has a margin to improve his defensive positioning
– operating with his weaker right foot
Style of play:
– complete and dominant centre-back
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– ideal to play as a left-sided centre-back in a three-man defence system
– versatile player who’s also suited to play as a left-back and even wing-back
– perfect option for a high-intensity and pressing team
– able to play in a high defensive line thanks to his good pace and determination
– likes an active style of defending and often tries to press, anticipate, and outpace his opponents
– comfortable on the ball with an above-average range of passing at all distances/takes a major impact on all of the team’s build-up process
– a modern defender who doesn’t limit himself only to defensive duties and thanks to his natural verticality, he is able to make dangerous on and off the ball runs to surprise the opposite team
– decent composure and retention skills under pressure
– likes to spread play with long-range diagonals
– improvable heading ability, but he’s not afraid and wins a fair share of aerial duels
– determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– for a defender, he possesses very impressive mid and long-range shooting skills
– good direct and indirect set-piece taker/able to score spectacular goals from dead balls
Krzyżanowski stats calm under pressure and plays a very good first touch line-breaking pass.
Krzyżanowski wins the ball back, makes a good run through the wing, and provides a good cross into the penalty area.
Krzyżanowski anticipates the game well, outpaces his opponent, and wins the ball back.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 3-5-2.
League summary (as for 15 June 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Jakub Krzyżanowski joined the Wisła Kraków youth academy from Bronowianka Kraków in 2018. He sat on the first team bench several times during the 1 Liga 2022/2023 and his first-team debut seems to be only a matter of time. Jakub is also one of the leaders of an interesting generation of Polish U17s which includes, among others Karol Borys, Jan Faberski, Krzysztof Kolanko, Miłosz Piekutowski, Filip Wolski, Dominik Szala, Szymon Kądziołka, Daniel Mikołajewski, Patryk Olejnik, Igor Orlikowski, Filip Rejczyk, Michał Gurgul, Maksymilian Sznaucner, Mike Huras, Oskar Tomczyk, Igor Brzyski, and Mateusz Skoczylas. In 2023, he was one of Poland’s leaders at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Hungary, where young Poles made it to the semi-final.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.