Full name in native alphabet: Χαράλαμπος Κωστούλας
Date of birth: 30/05/2007 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Greece
Youth career: AS Agia Anna, Olympiacos (since 2019)
Current club: Olympiacos
Squad number: —
Current national team: Greece U-17
Position: second striker, centre-forward
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 75.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Karim Benzema/Edinson Cavani
– off-the-ball movement
– work rate
– link-up play
– a very complete skillset for a striker of his age but still needs to keep working on polishing his already impressive technical and physical attributes
Style of play:
– complete forward
– tall player (should reach around 185cm) with a good body mass ratio who needs to build more muscles/physical power and can develop very well physically in the coming years
– killer instinct, great off-the-ball movement, above-average decision-making, timing, intelligence, composure, and flair in the final third
– can operate effectively alone up front or offer versatility in the attacking duo
– decent agility and very good pace over longer distances
– clinical finisher with a wide range of finishing skills with both feet
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– mobile player who’s very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– his physical power, aerial ability, and technique allow him to play fruitfully with his back to the goal/very good ability to connect with midfield and attacking partners
– often moves deeper into midfield and draws defenders with him in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– feels quite comfortable in tight spaces/under pressure thanks to his footwork, technique, and ball control
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– fast, mobile, and decent dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from wing/deep
– in addition to his goalscoring ability, he is also a team-player with decent playmaking skills who’s capable of creating chances and assisting goals for teammates
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and excellent close control
– likes to take advantage of the carelessness of the opponents/always alert to capitalize on defensive mistakes
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– good activity and tenacity in pressing/work rate out of possession
– operates very comfortably with his left weaker foot
– high maturity and good leadership skills
– accurate penalty taker
Kostoulas loses his markers with a very off-the-ball move and scores with a clinical finish.
Kostoulas loses his marker with a quick feint and scores with a precise finish.
Kostoulas spots his teammate’s movement and provides an assist after a very good run through the wing.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
Greek U-15 Championship 2021/2022 winner with Olympiacos.
Greek U-17 Championship 2022/2023 winner with Olympiacos.
League summary (as for 29 June 2023):
Super League 2 2022/2023: 2 games/0 goals (Olympiacos II)
Charalampos Kostoulas is the son of a former Greek international Athanasios Kostoulas. He joined the Olympiacos youth academy along with his brother Konstantinos from AS Agia Anna in 2019. Charalampos is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Greece. He made his professional debut for Olympiacos reserves on 24 January 2023 in the Greek second division game against PASA Irodotos – at the age of 15 years, 7 months, and 27 days he became the youngest footballer in the history of Olympiakos to compete at a professional level breaking the record previously held by Kyriakos Papadopoulos. He is also a regular international for Greece and currently he is a member of the U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.