Date of birth: 16/03/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Morocco
Youth career: Ittihad Tanger
Current club: Ittihad Tanger
Squad number: —
Current national team: Morocco U-17
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (5/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Hakim Ziyech
– ball control
– first touch
– a lightweight player who needs to work hard on his physical development
– consistency during games/has the tendency to ‘disappear‘ for longer period of times
– will have to adjust to the higher tempo/intensity style of play whenever he gets a chance at the senior level
– operating with his weaker right foot
Style of play:
– advanced/wide playmaker
– decent pace and agility
– a highly technical and creative orchestrator in the final third
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– unpredictable player with extraordinary thinking on the ball and ability/confidence to provide good through/killer passes
– high spatial awareness and understanding of the game
– displays an instinctual ability to take fast decisions under pressure
– exceptional ball control, elegance, and footwork in small spaces
– silky first touch
– gets fouled often
– although his pure defensive skills are not very impressive, he shows a decent work rate against the ball/out of possession
– avoids using his weaker right foot
– very good crossing skills from open play and set-pieces
Maali provides an assist with a brilliant pass.
Maali creates a big chance with a brilliant first touch pass.
Maali cuts inside, gets past his opponent with ease, and tries a spectacular shot from distance.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-3-2-1.
2023 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations runner-up with Morocco.
League summary (as for 20 July 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Abdelhamid Maali is considered to be one of the most talented players in Morocco. In 2023, he represented his country at the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations where Morocco won the silver medal and showed a superb generation of players such as Zakaria Ouazane, Ayman Ennair, Mohamed Hamony, Adam Chakir, Taha Benrhozil, Abdelhamid Ait Boudlal, Smail Bakhty, and Mohamed Radouane.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European league ambition.