Full name: Ikechukwu Orazi
Date of birth: 11/06/2007 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Ireland
Youth career: Shamrock Rovers
Current club: Shamrock Rovers
Squad number: —
Current national team: Ireland U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/2)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Wilfried Zaha
– ball control
– off-the-ball movement
– first touch
– efficiency in the defensive phase
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– inside forward
– player of an excellent body mass ratio who can become an elite athlete in the coming years
– could be an interesting option to play as an advanced striker in a counter-attacking style
– strong player with great agility, changes of pace, and coordination
– very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– likes to dribble
– likes to cut inside
– likes to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible
– gets past players with extreme ease thanks to his blistering pace, acceleration, and body balance
– in addition to his individual skills, he’s also a creative team player who and possesses significant passing and playmaking skills to create chances for his teammates
– spectacular player able to make solo dribbling runs to beat the defensive line and make a difference at any time
– creative at his off-the-ball movements and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings
– incredibly explosive over the first meters/phenomenal motor skills
– very strong in 1v1 situations, positive with the ball at his feet, and confident of his skills
– mobile and skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– counter-attacking weapon thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– likes to make quick one-twos with his teammates
– likes to make effective off-the-ball/shoulder runs to beat the defensive line
– very good ball control and footwork at top speed
– very interesting shooting technique and range of finishing skills
– all-action and energetic
– avoids aerial duels
Orazi with a quick feint and a superb powerful finish.
Orazi loses his markers with a good off-the-ball move and provides an assist with a flat cross.
Orazi enters the penalty area, dribbles past two opponents with extreme ease, but his shot gets blocked.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 23 August 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Ike Orazi is another excellent prospect from the Shamrock Rovers youth academy. He is part of a new, extremely interesting generation of Irish U19s which includes, among others Evan Ferguson, Rocco Vata, Kevin Zefi, Sam Curtis, Justin Ferizaj, James Abankwah, Mason Melia, Trent Kone Doherty, Mark O’Mahony, Cathal Heffernan, Naj Razi, and Franco Umeh-Chibueze. Ike is also a regular youth international for Ireland – he started at the U-16 level and now he’s one of the leaders of the U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.