Abdelhamid Ait Boudlal
Date of birth: 16/04/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Marrakech (Morocco)
Youth career: KAC Marrakech, Mohammed VI Football Academy (since 2015)
Current club: Mohammed VI Football Academy
Squad number: —
Current national team: Morocco U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations (5/2)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Chris Smalling
– aerial duels
– more composure and ball-playing ability under pressure
– not the fastest over the first meters
Style of play:
– complete and dominant centre-back
– tall player with excellent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and playing close to/pressing opponents
– feels comfortable and has a decent composure on the ball, making part of the team’s build-up process at the first instances
– likes to play simple and doesn’t like to take the unnecessary risk on the ball
– known for his good timing, understanding of the game, and an above-average technical capacity
– often cuts or intercepts passes /crosses and makes important blocks near or inside his penalty area thanks to his anticipation, determination, and positioning
– tenacious and aggressive tackler
– very strong player who knows how to use his body to gain advantage/wins most of the physical duels
– concentrated and committed
– extremely dominant in the air
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– accurate penalty taker
– very good leadership skills/natural leader
Boudlal stays on his feet and blocks a dangerous shot.
Boudlal positions himself very well very and clears a dangerous cutback.
Boudlal reads the game very well and makes an imoortant tackle.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
2023 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations runner-up with Morocco.
2023 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations Team of the Tournament.
League summary (as for 25 August 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Abdelhamid Ait Boudlal is considered to be one of the most talented players in Morocco. In 2023, he was the leader and captain of his country at the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations where Morocco won the silver medal and showed a superb generation of players such as Zakaria Ouazane, Ayman Ennair, Mohamed Hamony, Adam Chakir, Taha Benrhozil, Abdelhamid Maali, Smail Bakhty, and Mohamed Radouane.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.