Youth career: Empoli
Current club: Empoli
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Diego Ribas
– ball control
– first touch
– work rate
– he’s not afraid of duels with much stronger opponents but he’s a player of a small frame who, doesn’t feel comfortable in contact situations and still needs to work hard on his physical development
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– superb agility, flair, changes of pace, and coordination
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– very vertical player who likes to speed up the game with his dribbling or passing skills/very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to roam around in the space between the opposition’s midfield and defence
– likes to be given a free role to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to attack from the wing (mostly left), cut inside, and create himself a decent opportunity to score
– spectacular player who likes to have the ball at his feet and is able to make the difference at any time thanks to his dribbling skills and ability to play the final ball
– possesses a truly futsal-esque technique when running with the ball and dribbling
– his fantastic close control, footwork, body balance, and ‘quick feet’ that allow him to drift past defenders with ease
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in small spaces/under pressure
– very positive on the ball, unpredictable, and confident of his skills
– known for his trickery and ball-skills, such as his use of back-heels, feints and overhead kicks
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and movement
– excellent ability at first touch/high speed in 1-2 combinations style of play
– very good defensive work rate and commitment in pressing
– operates very comfortably with his weaker left foot
– direct and indirect set-piece specialist
– accurate penalty taker
Orlandi cuts inside, spots the movement of his teammate, and provides an assist.
Orlandi controls the ball, makes an instant decision, and creates a big chance with a superb pass.
Despite being fouled, Orlandi provides an assist with a superb touch.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 3 November 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Andrea Orlandi is a product of the Empoli academy – a superb youth system which developed many interesting players in recent years such as Hamed Junior Traorè, Samuele Ricci, Tommaso Baldanzi, Kristjan Asllani, Mattia Viti, Jacopo Fazzini, and Simone Canestrelli. Andrea is one of the leaders of a very interesting generation of Italian players born in 2007 which includes, among others Matteo Cocchi, Mattia Liberali, Mattia Mosconi, Francesco Verde, Alessandro Di Nunzio, Niccolò Gariani, Stefano Maiorana, and Matias Mancuso. He is also a regular youth international for Italy and currently he’s one of the leaders of the U-17 setup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: