Full name: Serigne Fallou Diouf
Date of birth: 31/12/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Nord-Foire (Senegal)
Youth career: Be Sport Academy, Génération Foot (since 2023)
Current club: Génération Foot
Squad number: —
Current national team: Senegal U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (5/2)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kurt Zouma
– aerial duels
– progressive passing and general composure on the ball
Style of play:
– complete and dominant centre-back
– tall player with an excellent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– good top speed
– likes to leave the line and prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– positively aggressive and accurate tackler/strong in 1vs1 duels
– likes to play simple and doesn’t like to take the unnecessary risk on the ball
– often cuts or intercepts passes and crosses near or inside his penalty area thanks to his anticipation, positioning, and timing
– committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– courageous, tenacious, and willing to sacrifice
– very strong player who knows how to use his body to gain advantage/wins most of the physical duels
– his long-reaching legs are very helpful when tackling, blocking, and recovering from mistakes
– very dominant in the air/aerial threat in the opposition box during set pieces
– charismatic and mature for his age/potential leader of the defensive line
Diouf uses his long legs and makes a superb tackle to stop a dangerous attack.
Diouf makes a great block.
Diouf leaves the line and stops a very dangerous attack.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
2023 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations winner with Senegal.
League summary (as for 10 November 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Fallou Diouf is considered to be one of the most exciting centre-back talents in Africa. In August 2023, he joined the famous Génération Foot academy – a youth system that developed many superb Senegalese players such as Sadio Mané, Ismaïla Sarr, Ibrahima Niane, Pape Matar Sarr, Papiss Cissé, and Habib Diallo. In 2023, Fallou was the leader of Senegalese defence at the U-17 Africa Cup of Nations. The Young Lions of Teranga became champions for the first time in history and showed a very interesting generation of players such as Amara Diouf, Lamine Sadio, Abdou Aziz Fall, Omar Fall, Ibrahima Diallo, and Serigne Diouf.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.